Monday, May 24, 2010

Drowning*

And at the back of my mind I know that you are drowning me with your words. Hoping that I would soak in them and believe every phrase and sentence that comes out of your mouth. Wanting me to believe what you say with no questions to follow. When the questions start it so easy to see how much everything doesn’t really add up. Never really been the confrontational one with you so I try to let things slide though I know at the back of my mind everything isn’t what it seems to be. Wanting to hang on to your last word, hoping that you would come through every time you say something or end off with an “I promise” at the end. As of late I have been freeing myself, swimming away from your wave of words; hoping to make it back to shore with my sanity. First you had me overdosing, but I got back on my feet and now you have me drowning. As much as I want to be addicted to the words you feed me I know better and though it makes me feel good from time to time it’s the after affect that I don’t like.

No comments:

Post a Comment