Monday, May 17, 2010

The prefix

“Despite my empty mouth, the words are in my head”, I guess after the whole situation that still remains a mystery to me, I just have been resistant to speak on the way that I feel about things anymore. Part of me doesn't want to write because that would be giving you the upper hand as to how I feel about the whole ordeal, but I just need to get some things out. My heart was telling me to let go and just move on, to not care what it might be that it is being held from me but my mind knew better that I couldn't just let you get away with holding something from me the way you did. It was like a back and forth battle between my heart and my mind, there were sometimes that I felt as if I was being selfish pushing you to talk about something when you weren't ready to so that’s when I let it go I was also hoping that when you were really ready to talk you know that I would be there. It just kills me that it’s a double standard with you and this situation, because we all know if it was the other way around, you wouldn't be this understanding to let things go that easy- but that’s just the way that life is. “Despite our good intentions we keep hurting one another over and over again”, but I look past it each time because we have more good than bad in us. It’s so hard for me when we fall out of our cycle and to then either days or weeks later just jump back in like nothing ever happened. It really amazes me how I stick around to deal with all of this; I even call myself foolish something because it’s a mystery with you; never knowing what the outcome may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment